Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
My experience includes nearly 10 years of top-tier consulting experience focused on system integration and migration.
My industry experience has been approximately 50% public sector (federal and provincial), 20% transportation, 20% financial services, and 10% products. I'm a native English speaker, with good French and Spanish proficiency.
I'm interested in joining a great team with opportunities to solve complex problems, to help people grow, and to expand on cloud-based delivery.
to February 2018
- ERP Middleware Lead (May 2017 - Dec 2017)
Led a middleware team of 26 talented individuals on an ERP migration delivery to bring a crown corporation financial services client to a cloud-based SaaS offering. This required leading the data migration effort as well as the integration between new SaaS offerings (SAP and Microsoft), existing on-premise legacy applications (IBM mainframe, .NET, and others), and financial institutions. This was delivered primarily via Microsoft Azure offerings spanning IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions. Led solution estimation, workplan creation, staffing, financials, and the delivery.
- Application Operations Access and Mobilization Lead (Nov 2016 - Dec 2016)
Led mobilization of application operations team members, getting 44 team members 95% of the required system and software access in under a month, consisting of license agreements, programs, and installation. Established re-usable documentation for ramp up of the team, still in-use over a year later.
- Subcontractor Delivery Manager, Training & Documentation Lead (Dec 2014 - Oct 2016)
Managed delivery of 29 team members through 3 subcontracted companies on a large Unisys mainframe to Windows Server migration opportunity. Included creation of a test tracking and forecasting tool that led to a 250% execution rate optimization. Also led analysis, design, and build of the replacement of the existing mainframe ETL solution with an SSIS-based solution. Was the lead contact on security testing and QA for the Harmonized Threat-Risk Assessment.
As documentation lead, led client review and approval of over 70 document sets for the delivery.
Led a training program consisting of creating a training plan, schedule, and coordinating delivery of 8 courses in 2 official languages over a 2-month period to over 140 participants.
to November 2014
- Problem Management Lead (Jan 2014 - Oct 2014)
Established a new problem management team within existing operations for a major smart card regional transportation provider. Established the mission, vision, key success criteria and updated existing processes and procedures based on ITIL best practices while leading a team of 9. This included problem investigation and problem resolution activities. Proposed and gained approval of a problem weighting mechanism to establish prioritization among a group of diverse stakeholders.
- Migration Lead (Apr 2013 - Jan 2014)
Data Migration and Conversion Lead for a major cross-city integration of a regional transportation provider, impacting over 1M customers, 10 service providers, and over 300M records across different data stores and ERPs. Delivered with 99.999529% accuracy with only 3 minor issues resolved within 3 days. The delivery required stakeholder engagement and communication, detailed deployment planning, migration tool design and reconciliation process, payment processing migration, and security key updates on hardware.
- Integration Solution Architect, Solution Architecture Lead (Sep 2011 - Mar 2013)
Integration solution architect and then later solution architect lead for bringing a regional transportation provider onto a next-generation open architecture back-end platform. Directly managed a diverse group of 9 individuals as part of this large $50M delivery. Part of the end-to-end delivery from requirements (application and migration), integration conceptual design and analysis, integration design, build, testing, and deployment. Leveraged different integration design patterns for different systems. Defined processes around requirements, traceability, design baseline, and amendments that reduced 50% of overhead time. Delivered on-time and within budget.
to August 2011
- Business Analyst (Dec 2010 - Aug 2011)
Led the delivery of several back-end feature areas for transaction processing for a new fare management system. This included open payment processing, monthly pass ordering, and transfer\business rules. The delivery consisted of feature definitions, requirements gathering, use case definition, solution component definition (RICEFW), design, and data modeling. Microsoft stack back-end (SQL Server, Biztalk, SQL Server Integration Services) was implemented with device and ERP integration (Dynamics AX). This was all about meeting customer needs while delivering a next-generation solution that was scalable with an open architecture to be device and service provider-agnostic.
- Fare Management Test Lead (Jan 2010 - Dec 2010)
Created the Fare Management test strategy, test scenarios, and aided in the test execution for a successful and on-time delivery of a major regional transportation smart card system. Led a team of 5 client and Accenture team members. Learned and tested MiFare DESFIRE smartcard layouts, fare device hardware, Microsoft stack back end (SQL Server, Biztalk, SQL Server Integration Services), while leveraging IBM quality management tools for the delivery.
Arcade ICT Group
to September 2009
- Worked with the Speed-Trap web analytics tool in providing installation, server customization, and creating dashboards for clients.
- Led the requirements specification, technical requirements gathering, and vendor fit evaluation for an Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) tool that transitioned to an offered service. Designed marketing materials and sold to 3 clients within the first 2 months.
- Created training documentation for the ETL tool and gave training seminars to colleagues.
to February 2009
- Created and managed policy documents related to the Government of Canada Common Look and Feel 2.0 requirements including process, scope, and project charter documents.
- Reviewed over 4000 web pages for compliance to HTML policy and quality assurance.
to December 2007
- Conducted competitive analysis for two developing products to determine market niches including market size, strengths, and trends.
- Adapted and developed models for customer growth rates and product revenue.
- Planned and moderated a focus group for market research.
to December 2006
- Learned and applied performance measurement concepts with the mapping of logic models.
- Worked with strategic outcomes and their influence on operations with the Canadian Heritage Program Activity Architecture (PAA).
- Developed and applied evaluation criteria for Reports on Planning and Priorities (RPP).
- Majority of work done in French.
to April 2006
- Interpreted the results of a survey using statistical techniques with SPSS software.
- Addressed key findings in presentations to colleagues and to private sector stakeholders.
- Prepared a formal written report outlining the results and recommendations for the branch.
- Maintained and updated the MIB websites for Common Look and Feel (XHTML).
- Addressed website-related technical issues and fulfilled client web requests.
to August 2005
- Improved MIB websites’ visibility using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Composed a research report on the impact of Chinese imports on Canadian manufacturers by analyzing trade data and past trade disputes.
- Designed a new best practices section for all MIB websites and provided its content.
- Organized intra- and interdepartmental conferences as part of the Event Team.